BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Another display of criminal brilliance in Boca Raton as two alleged car thieves actually crash one of the cars they stole.
Here's the rundown from Boca Five-O.
Detectives from the Boca Raton Police Services Department arrested two men for Grand Theft after a night of stealing cars, one of which they crashed. It started in the early morning hours of May 10, 2014. Boca Raton Police and Fire responded to Verde Trail South to investigate a report that a car crashed into a transformer. The occupants of the crashed Infinity fled from the area before police arrived and the car was listed as stolen.
Later that morning officers, took reports of two additional stolen cars from the city, a 2004 Nissan Maxima and a 2014 BMW. Miami Beach Police spotted the BMW on Collins Avenue with the driver still inside. The driver, Brandon Bayer, was arrested. Bayer admitted to police that he stole the car and also said he and a friend stole the Nissan Maxima from the City of Boca Raton as well. He identified his friend as Robert Lovin. Investigators went to Lovin’s listed address, his mother’s house, and spoke with his mother briefly and left.
A short time later, investigators received a call from PBSO deputies that the stolen Maxima was located in front the mother’s house. When questioned, Lovin initially told detectives the car was borrowed from his boss, but later admitted his friend Bayer stole the car. After repeated questioning, Lovin admitted Bayer and he stole all three vehicles. He said they bought crack and smoked it in the Infinity before crashing it into the transformer.
Lovin was charged with two counts of Grand Theft Auto. Bayer, remains in custody in Miami-Dade on a probation violation.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low