BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Another display of criminal brilliance in Boca Raton as two alleged car thieves actually crash one of the cars they stole.
Here's the rundown from Boca Five-O.
Detectives from the Boca Raton Police Services Department arrested two men for Grand Theft after a night of stealing cars, one of which they crashed. It started in the early morning hours of May 10, 2014. Boca Raton Police and Fire responded to Verde Trail South to investigate a report that a car crashed into a transformer. The occupants of the crashed Infinity fled from the area before police arrived and the car was listed as stolen.
Later that morning officers, took reports of two additional stolen cars from the city, a 2004 Nissan Maxima and a 2014 BMW. Miami Beach Police spotted the BMW on Collins Avenue with the driver still inside. The driver, Brandon Bayer, was arrested. Bayer admitted to police that he stole the car and also said he and a friend stole the Nissan Maxima from the City of Boca Raton as well. He identified his friend as Robert Lovin. Investigators went to Lovin’s listed address, his mother’s house, and spoke with his mother briefly and left.
A short time later, investigators received a call from PBSO deputies that the stolen Maxima was located in front the mother’s house. When questioned, Lovin initially told detectives the car was borrowed from his boss, but later admitted his friend Bayer stole the car. After repeated questioning, Lovin admitted Bayer and he stole all three vehicles. He said they bought crack and smoked it in the Infinity before crashing it into the transformer.
Lovin was charged with two counts of Grand Theft Auto. Bayer, remains in custody in Miami-Dade on a probation violation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge