BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Release) — It was a jubilant and historic day for The Pap Corps, as the organization donated $4.5 million dollars for cancer research, one million more than last year, to the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. While the big check reveal brought the 500 volunteers attending the annual luncheon at Boca West Country Club to their feet, this was not the only news that received a standing ovation. It was then announced, that $1.8 million of those funds would be designated to establish The Pap Corps Endowed Professorship in Leukemia.
“We all did it together,” exclaimed JoAnne Goldberg, President of The Pap Corps, as she revealed this year’s tremendous donation.
Goldberg who took office two years ago, and will serve two additional years, was praised by the doctors and executives of Sylvester for her remarkable leadership. The volunteer organization consists of over 50 chapters and 20,000 members in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Two and half years ago Sylvester challenged Pap to raise $11 million dollars in approximately six years. They have now surpassed that goal in just two and half years.
Another goal of The Pap Corps’ Executive Board was to create an endowed professorship. With the ceremonial document signing by the Board and the Sylvester executives, The Pap Corps Endowed Professorship in Leukemia at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center was established.
“This is an important symbol that our mission is lifelong,” said Dr. Steven Nimer, Director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. “The endowed chair will last forever and it will support the efforts of a researcher who hopefully has the next great discovery.”
For more information about The Pap Corps, please visit http://www.thepapcorps.org
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays
- Feds Prepare To Take Seven Bridges Home, Property Of Chiropractor Richard Davidson
- COVID-19 Infects 122 In Palm Beach County Schools
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot