BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman Boca Raton police say was very drunk tried to flee an officer who attempted to stop her on Federal Highway, south of Glades.
Sidney Feliu, 21, of Anchor Drive, ultimately told cops that she was “scared” when an officer pulled up behind her and activated his lights. A police report reveals she had just run over the curb.
Feliu eventually stopped near Glades and Federal Highway. Officers report that they smelled a strong odor of alcohol and that Feliu claimed she had “one,” then “two” drinks prior to driving. She allegedly failed a field sobriety test, then provided breath samples of .178 and .173 — both more than twice the legal limit in Florida.
Sidney Feliu was charged with DUI as well as fleeing an officer.
She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed