BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman Boca Raton police say was very drunk tried to flee an officer who attempted to stop her on Federal Highway, south of Glades.
Sidney Feliu, 21, of Anchor Drive, ultimately told cops that she was “scared” when an officer pulled up behind her and activated his lights. A police report reveals she had just run over the curb.
Feliu eventually stopped near Glades and Federal Highway. Officers report that they smelled a strong odor of alcohol and that Feliu claimed she had “one,” then “two” drinks prior to driving. She allegedly failed a field sobriety test, then provided breath samples of .178 and .173 — both more than twice the legal limit in Florida.
Sidney Feliu was charged with DUI as well as fleeing an officer.
She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified