BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman Boca Raton police say was very drunk tried to flee an officer who attempted to stop her on Federal Highway, south of Glades.
Sidney Feliu, 21, of Anchor Drive, ultimately told cops that she was “scared” when an officer pulled up behind her and activated his lights. A police report reveals she had just run over the curb.
Feliu eventually stopped near Glades and Federal Highway. Officers report that they smelled a strong odor of alcohol and that Feliu claimed she had “one,” then “two” drinks prior to driving. She allegedly failed a field sobriety test, then provided breath samples of .178 and .173 — both more than twice the legal limit in Florida.
Sidney Feliu was charged with DUI as well as fleeing an officer.
She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation