BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Loyd Talmadge Putnam, 20, of Boca Raton remains in the Palm Beach County Jail Tuesday afternoon after allegedly threatening to kill his father.
Boca Raton Police tell us that Putnam — known as “LT” — was kicked out of his father’s home on Monday — with dad going so far as to changing locks on the house and removing Loyd’s belongings.
From the police report:
“Loyd proceeded to text threatening messages via cell phone to Victim Putnam throughout the day from his cell phone. The text messages stated that Victim Putnam better get his money owed t him from stock funds or he will beat the living sh-t out of him. Also, that Victim Putnam has 24 hours or he will be seeing him.”
Loyd’s father told police that the messages made him concerned for his safety and well being along with the safety and well being of the family, Loyd’s mother and younger siblings. Dad Putnam said he believed that Loyd had the capability to harm him.
Loyd Putnam was charged with “written threats to do bodily harm” and jailed.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low