BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Loyd Talmadge Putnam, 20, of Boca Raton remains in the Palm Beach County Jail Tuesday afternoon after allegedly threatening to kill his father.
Boca Raton Police tell us that Putnam — known as “LT” — was kicked out of his father’s home on Monday — with dad going so far as to changing locks on the house and removing Loyd’s belongings.
From the police report:
“Loyd proceeded to text threatening messages via cell phone to Victim Putnam throughout the day from his cell phone. The text messages stated that Victim Putnam better get his money owed t him from stock funds or he will beat the living sh-t out of him. Also, that Victim Putnam has 24 hours or he will be seeing him.”
Loyd’s father told police that the messages made him concerned for his safety and well being along with the safety and well being of the family, Loyd’s mother and younger siblings. Dad Putnam said he believed that Loyd had the capability to harm him.
Loyd Putnam was charged with “written threats to do bodily harm” and jailed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases