BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Falls, one of several luxury communities in West Boca Raton, is urging homeowners to prohibit homes from being leased to Section 8 tenants.
HOA members are being encouraged to amend the community’s by-laws. A successful amendment will be recorded by Palm Beach County. Violation of the amendment would result in foreclosure.
Section 8 traditionally refers to a federal program in which the government provides a housing subsidy to low-income individuals. The amendment would prohibit homeowners from renting their homes to tenants receiving this government subsidy.
BocaNewsNow.com believes this is a very smart move. We encourage Boca Falls residents to sign the amendment now arriving via mail, and we encourage other communities throughout Boca Raton to follow suit.
We believe that homeowners who purchase homes in an HOA accept that pristine upkeep, mandatory dues payments and adherence to rules are all a part of the equation. Low-income tenants receiving a government subsidy have no vested interest in their house, the community, or most importantly property values.
We believe there is no reason that a low-income Section 8 recipient needs to be living in a gated resort-style community in Boca Raton.
Voting is currently underway in Boca Falls. We expect other communities to take similar action soon.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman