BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — 84-year-old Boca Raton resident David Wesley Brown is facing a stalking charge after allegedly harassing a neighbor for several years and threatening to kill her dog.
A police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com reveals that the victim says approximately three years ago she was bitten by Brown’s dog while walking on a path behind her residence. Ever since, according to the victim, Brown has gone out of his way to yell at her.
The victim called police in early June to advise that Brown was waiting for her on a walking path near her residence with his dog. He allegedly said, “my dog is going to attack and kill your dog.” Brown denied the allegations to officers called to the scene.
The situation escalated on Wednesday when Brown was seen driving — with his Husky — close to where the victim was walking her dog. He allegedly rolled down his window and shouted that the victim needed to leave the neighborhood.
The victim told police she is afraid for her safety.
Here is what the arresting officer wrote in the police report:
“When I made contact with Brown, he could not provide a legitimate purpose as to why he continued to go out of his way to make contact with the victim and harass her over the period of the last three years (three recent contacts in the past month reported by the victim). Brown engaged in a course of conduct that was directed at the victim and caused her to be in fear for her safety. Based on the above information, Brown did willfully, maliciously and repeatedly follow, harass or cyberstalk contrary to Florida Statute 784.048(2).”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA LOGS 51,000 COVID CASES OVER THREE DAYS
- Two Seniors Killed In West Boynton Beach Crash
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks