BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — 84-year-old Boca Raton resident David Wesley Brown is facing a stalking charge after allegedly harassing a neighbor for several years and threatening to kill her dog.
A police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com reveals that the victim says approximately three years ago she was bitten by Brown’s dog while walking on a path behind her residence. Ever since, according to the victim, Brown has gone out of his way to yell at her.
The victim called police in early June to advise that Brown was waiting for her on a walking path near her residence with his dog. He allegedly said, “my dog is going to attack and kill your dog.” Brown denied the allegations to officers called to the scene.
The situation escalated on Wednesday when Brown was seen driving — with his Husky — close to where the victim was walking her dog. He allegedly rolled down his window and shouted that the victim needed to leave the neighborhood.
The victim told police she is afraid for her safety.
Here is what the arresting officer wrote in the police report:
“When I made contact with Brown, he could not provide a legitimate purpose as to why he continued to go out of his way to make contact with the victim and harass her over the period of the last three years (three recent contacts in the past month reported by the victim). Brown engaged in a course of conduct that was directed at the victim and caused her to be in fear for her safety. Based on the above information, Brown did willfully, maliciously and repeatedly follow, harass or cyberstalk contrary to Florida Statute 784.048(2).”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive