BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — EarthNetworks — the team behind the popular WeatherBug app and service — has issued a severe thunderstorm alert for the greater Boca Raton area.
It is in effect until roughly 5pm.
The strong storms already moving through the area have not — as of yet — had any impact to tonight’s celebrations at South County Regional Park or Spanish River Municipal Sports Complex. Both venues “open the gates” at 5:30 with fireworks expected around 9p.
South County Regional’s Facebook page will be updated should weather force a change in tonight’s event. We are in contact with City of Boca Raton as well and will update should anything change.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI