BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — EarthNetworks — the team behind the popular WeatherBug app and service — has issued a severe thunderstorm alert for the greater Boca Raton area.
It is in effect until roughly 5pm.
The strong storms already moving through the area have not — as of yet — had any impact to tonight’s celebrations at South County Regional Park or Spanish River Municipal Sports Complex. Both venues “open the gates” at 5:30 with fireworks expected around 9p.
South County Regional’s Facebook page will be updated should weather force a change in tonight’s event. We are in contact with City of Boca Raton as well and will update should anything change.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form