BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident James McDonald, of Tradewinds Road, allegedly acted like an idiot by pointing a laser at a PBSO helicopter last night. It fortunately did not cause a crash or other mid-air incident, but it certainly could have. First, the arrest info from PBSO::
On July 9, 2014, at 11:50 pm, a white male subject was seen shining a green class II laser pointer in the cockpit of PBSO Eagle. James McDonald was identified as the suspect and arrested on the following charges: Public Order Crimes – Point a Laser Light at Pilot and Misuse of a Laser Lighting Device (Aircraft). He was booked into the PBC Jail. His current bail is $ 3000.
Now, this reminder also from police, who continue to experience this problem throughout the area:
There has been an ongoing problem with the misuse of a green laser that has been pointed into the cockpits of aircrafts landing at PBIA.
* Misuse of Laser Lighting Device is a 3rd degree felony.
* Any person who knowingly and willfully shines, points, or focuses the beam of a laser lighting device on an individual operating a motor vehicle, vessel, or aircraft and such act results in bodily injury commits a felony in the 2nd degree felony.
* If the aircraft were to crash it would be a 1st degree felony
Should anyone witness the misuse of a Laser Lighting Device please report it immediately to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, the nearest law enforcement agency, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS or text to email@example.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette