UPDATED: 11:05a with arrest report including allegation of multiple drugs in FIchtel’s system at time of fatal accident.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Bianca Fichtel, a 24-year-old Boca Raton resident, is in the Palm Beach County Jail this morning charged with the death of 66 year old George Morreale. Morreale was killed back in April when Fichtel struck him from behind while she was driving her pickup truck in the 600 block of Yamato Road.
Fichtel is now charged with “Homicide – Negligent Manslaughter — Vehicle — DUI Cause Death To Human Or Unborn Child.”
BocaNewsNow.com has obtained the arrest report which reveals that Fichtel was under the influence of cocktail of high-impact drugs, including: Klonopin, Xanax, Depakote, Roxicodone, Percocet, Lyrica, Adderall, Fioricet and Flexeril.
She was arrested late Friday afternoon and booked into the Palm Beach County jail just before 8pm where she remains with no bond.
Read the complete seven page arrest report here.
From our original report:
On Sunday, April 6 at 10:04 a.m., officers of the Boca Raton Police Department’s Traffic Homicide Unit responded to a crash which occurred in the 600 block of West Yamato Road.
A bicyclist was traveling west on Yamato Road in the bicycle lane, when he was struck from behind by a 2004 Ford F-150. The driver of the F-150 left the scene and was followed by a witness until she returned back to crash site. The cyclist died on the scene.
The investigation is ongoing and charges may be forthcoming. If anyone has information about this crash, they are asked to call Officer Adam Reisner at (561) 620-6121 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: NOW MORE THAN ONE MILLION CASES OF COVID-19
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two More Systems Forming
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical