BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Congratulations to Mindy Haas, a Boca Raton resident just elected to a two year term as President of the Florida PTA.
From Palm Beach County Schools:
Florida PTA is the largest statewide volunteer organization working exclusively on behalf of children and youth. Founded in 1921 as a branch of the 6 million member National PTA, Florida PTA is made up of approximately 1,400 local units with more than 300,000 Florida members.
Haas started her PTA career at Whispering Pines Elementary School in 1993. Through her 20+ years in PTA, the Boca Raton resident has held various positions, including local unit President. “As a PTA member I began to find my passion in leadership development, building membership in the local units, and fundraising for additional educational enhancements,” said Haas. As a State PTA board member, she was President of the County Council of PTA for three years, State Awards chair, Vice President for Regions and Councils and President Elect.
Florida PTA’s theme for the next two years will be Healthy Children, Healthy Future… PTA. “My emphasis on the future of Florida PTA is to be inclusive to all members, assure that our children are eating properly in schools and families are given the tools to provide healthy meals at home,” says the newly elected President. Haas also says she and her team will continue to focus on public education through advocacy in Tallahassee and Washington, DC.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County
- BREAKING: Florida Teachers Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccine
- Hyundai Sued: Palm Beach County Man Says Genesis Is A Dud
- COVID Shot Now Available To Vulnerable Floridians Under 65
- Boca’s Courtney Isgette Arrested On DUI Charge
- Another Boynton Resident Killed In Crash
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man