BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office made a major arrest this evening — nabbing a man wanted for kidnapping a woman and her young daughter, then sexually abusing both.
On July 28, 2014, just before 6:00 pm, PBSO Agents, Tactical Unit, received an anonymous tip that a fugitive from Ozark, Alabama was possibly being treated at Bethesda Hospital East. Agents responded to the hospital to investigate. It was determined that David Pitts, DOB: 11/10/70, had multiple felony warrants stemming from an incident, in Alabama, on July 24, 2014, where it is alleged he entered a dwelling and abducted a 30 year old female and her 8 year old daughter from within the residence.
Pitts then allegedly drove the victims to a secluded area and while armed with a gun and knife, sexually battered the mother in front of her 8 year old daughter and then molested the daughter. It is believed the victims were held overnight and released sometime on the morning of July 25, 2014.
Ozark, Alabama PD investigated the case and obtained arrest warrants for the following charges: two counts of Kidnapping in the First Degree, Rape in the First Degree, Sexual Abuse in the First Degree, Theft of Property in the First Degree, and Burglary in the First Degree.
Acting on this information, agents were able to locate Pitts inside the hospital and take him into custody without incident. Pitts will be booked in the Palm Beach County Jail and held for authorities in Alabama.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95