BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Henk Schiffer, a man loosely tied to the resignation of former Boca Raton Police Chief Andrew Scott, is in the Palm Beach County Jail this morning on a drug charge.
Schiffer, of Forest Hill Lane, was taken into custody late last evening — accused of possessing a controlled substance without a prescription. The arrest comes just days after he received three motor vehicle citations in one day.
Local media reported back in 2005 that then police chief Andrew Scott arranged for a traffic stop involving Schiffer which provided opportunity for a local TV reporter to question him on what was called “suspicious activity.” Scott was cleared of wrongdoing. Schiffer was adjudicated “guilty” on a criminal mischief charge in 2004.
He has also faced roughly 40 legal proceedings in Palm Beach County, according to the Palm Beach County Clerk’s office.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors