BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Henk Schiffer, a man loosely tied to the resignation of former Boca Raton Police Chief Andrew Scott, is in the Palm Beach County Jail this morning on a drug charge.
Schiffer, of Forest Hill Lane, was taken into custody late last evening — accused of possessing a controlled substance without a prescription. The arrest comes just days after he received three motor vehicle citations in one day.
Local media reported back in 2005 that then police chief Andrew Scott arranged for a traffic stop involving Schiffer which provided opportunity for a local TV reporter to question him on what was called “suspicious activity.” Scott was cleared of wrongdoing. Schiffer was adjudicated “guilty” on a criminal mischief charge in 2004.
He has also faced roughly 40 legal proceedings in Palm Beach County, according to the Palm Beach County Clerk’s office.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical