BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Henk Schiffer, a man loosely tied to the resignation of former Boca Raton Police Chief Andrew Scott, is in the Palm Beach County Jail this morning on a drug charge.
Schiffer, of Forest Hill Lane, was taken into custody late last evening — accused of possessing a controlled substance without a prescription. The arrest comes just days after he received three motor vehicle citations in one day.
Local media reported back in 2005 that then police chief Andrew Scott arranged for a traffic stop involving Schiffer which provided opportunity for a local TV reporter to question him on what was called “suspicious activity.” Scott was cleared of wrongdoing. Schiffer was adjudicated “guilty” on a criminal mischief charge in 2004.
He has also faced roughly 40 legal proceedings in Palm Beach County, according to the Palm Beach County Clerk’s office.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE: First Forecast Set For Early April
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County
- BREAKING: Florida Teachers Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccine
- Hyundai Sued: Palm Beach County Man Says Genesis Is A Dud
- COVID Shot Now Available To Vulnerable Floridians Under 65
- Boca’s Courtney Isgette Arrested On DUI Charge
- Another Boynton Resident Killed In Crash
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash