BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com’s staff has its roots in Philadelphia — a place known for Cheesesteaks (as well as a few other things, like the Constitution and the Liberty Bell, but let’s stay focused). So we wish Boca Raton Firefighter Alex Callegari well as he flies to Philly to compete in the “Steak-umm®” Firehouse Challenge Cook-Off.
We know, we know. Steak-umms® are not real cheesesteaks — but sometimes you’ve gotta go with what’s easily accessible.
From Firefighters of Boca Raton Local 1560:
This Sunday, Boca Raton Firefighter Alex Callegari, will fly to Philadelphia to compete in the Steak-umm® Firehouse Challenge Cook-Off. Alex is one of three finalists that could win 20,000 dollars for first place. The Cook-off will be airing on the Steve Harvey show in September. Alex said he is competing in honor of former firefighter and Chef John Wilson and will donate any prize money to a scholarship fund in his name. Alex will be preparing his Boca Steak-umm® Sliders and three celebrity chef judges will decide if he has the best recipe. For more information please visit the website, www.firehousechallenge2014.com. Alex Callegari can be reached for comment at 305-606-5516. Boca Raton Firefighters and Paramedics…making every second count for you!
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation