BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Watch your speed! It’s been just a week since kids and teachers returned to school and it seems that motorists throughout Boca Raton couldn’t care less.
The Boca Raton Police Department which, as most of our readers realize, patrols the City of Boca Raton, issued a whopping 310 tickets and warnings during the first week of school.
These tickets and warnings — issued by the motorcycle unit — include speeding, improper passing, bicycle helmet warnings, seat belt, passing a stopped school bus, violation of a leaner’s permit, registration and insurance.
Of these citations and warnings, 84 were issued IN school zones.
We don’t yet have statistics from Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office although their motorcycle officers have been out and about as well. We expect their numbers to also be notable.
On behalf of all BocaNewsNow.com readers with kids: take those yellow lights seriously and put down the damn phone.
(We will find your Facebook wall post or tweet about being stopped in a school zone. And we’ll publish it. That’s how we roll).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges