BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Watch your speed! It’s been just a week since kids and teachers returned to school and it seems that motorists throughout Boca Raton couldn’t care less.
The Boca Raton Police Department which, as most of our readers realize, patrols the City of Boca Raton, issued a whopping 310 tickets and warnings during the first week of school.
These tickets and warnings — issued by the motorcycle unit — include speeding, improper passing, bicycle helmet warnings, seat belt, passing a stopped school bus, violation of a leaner’s permit, registration and insurance.
Of these citations and warnings, 84 were issued IN school zones.
We don’t yet have statistics from Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office although their motorcycle officers have been out and about as well. We expect their numbers to also be notable.
On behalf of all BocaNewsNow.com readers with kids: take those yellow lights seriously and put down the damn phone.
(We will find your Facebook wall post or tweet about being stopped in a school zone. And we’ll publish it. That’s how we roll).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday