BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — AT&T* has expanded 4G LTE coverage in south Palm Beach County with the activation of another new mobile Internet cell site in Boca Raton. The new site, located on Powerline Road, is boosting 4G LTE coverage and capacity in the residential area between S.W. 18th Street and Camino Real and Powerline Road and S. Military Trail.
This is the second cell site AT&T has activated in Boca Raton and the ninth in Palm Beach County since January. All told, AT&T has turned up 35 new sites in South Florida year-to-date.
The new cell sites are a part of AT&T’s continuing network investment and ongoing 4G LTE rollout in South Florida. Launched in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach in July 2012, AT&T 4G LTE is the latest generation of wireless network technology and provides several benefits for local residents, including faster mobile Internet speeds — up to 10 times faster than 3G, improved performance, reliability and innovative new 4G LTE-compatible devices.**
The South Florida network upgrades are part of AT&T’s Project Velocity IP (VIP), a three-year investment plan announced in Fall 2012 to expand and enhance its IP broadband networks. Through this investment, AT&T is supporting its customers’ growing desire for high-speed Internet access and new mobile, app and cloud-based services. As part of Project VIP, AT&T plans to add macro cell sites nationwide year-end 2015, as well as deploy small cells and add Distributed Antenna Systems to increase the density of its wireless network.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation