BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A violent Wednesday evening car crash on US 441 near New England Blvd. claimed the life of Boca Raton resident Abby Bard.
The Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com that Bard, 63, of Oak Lake Way, was inexplicably driving her 2005 VW Jetta northbound in the southbound lane of 441 when she crashed head-on into a 2007 VW GTI driven by a Lake Worth resident.
The driver is in serious condition at Delray Medical Center.
Bard, according to PBSO, was not wearing a seatbelt and it is unclear why she was driving north in the southbound lane. She was pronounced dead on the scene.
Investigators say the crash was “violent” and that “both vehicles came to an immediate stop rising off the ground and ultimately coming to rest at the point of collision.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge