BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A violent Wednesday evening car crash on US 441 near New England Blvd. claimed the life of Boca Raton resident Abby Bard.
The Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com that Bard, 63, of Oak Lake Way, was inexplicably driving her 2005 VW Jetta northbound in the southbound lane of 441 when she crashed head-on into a 2007 VW GTI driven by a Lake Worth resident.
The driver is in serious condition at Delray Medical Center.
Bard, according to PBSO, was not wearing a seatbelt and it is unclear why she was driving north in the southbound lane. She was pronounced dead on the scene.
Investigators say the crash was “violent” and that “both vehicles came to an immediate stop rising off the ground and ultimately coming to rest at the point of collision.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates