BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A violent Wednesday evening car crash on US 441 near New England Blvd. claimed the life of Boca Raton resident Abby Bard.
The Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com that Bard, 63, of Oak Lake Way, was inexplicably driving her 2005 VW Jetta northbound in the southbound lane of 441 when she crashed head-on into a 2007 VW GTI driven by a Lake Worth resident.
The driver is in serious condition at Delray Medical Center.
Bard, according to PBSO, was not wearing a seatbelt and it is unclear why she was driving north in the southbound lane. She was pronounced dead on the scene.
Investigators say the crash was “violent” and that “both vehicles came to an immediate stop rising off the ground and ultimately coming to rest at the point of collision.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales