BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A violent Wednesday evening car crash on US 441 near New England Blvd. claimed the life of Boca Raton resident Abby Bard.
The Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com that Bard, 63, of Oak Lake Way, was inexplicably driving her 2005 VW Jetta northbound in the southbound lane of 441 when she crashed head-on into a 2007 VW GTI driven by a Lake Worth resident.
The driver is in serious condition at Delray Medical Center.
Bard, according to PBSO, was not wearing a seatbelt and it is unclear why she was driving north in the southbound lane. She was pronounced dead on the scene.
Investigators say the crash was “violent” and that “both vehicles came to an immediate stop rising off the ground and ultimately coming to rest at the point of collision.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday