DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman’s body has been found hidden in a garment bag placed in a closet. Another woman is now charged in her death.
When an out-of-town man couldn’t reach a friend in of Deerfield Beach for several days, he called the Broward Sheriff’s Office to check on her. Deputies went to her apartment twice Thursday but got no response from anyone inside. When they returned Friday morning with a pass key, they discovered the 68-year-old woman’s body, hidden inside a garment bag in a bedroom closet. BSO homicide detectives arrested the woman’s roommate early Saturday with the help of the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department.
Jacqueline Marie Luongo, 44, was charged with one count of first-degree murder. The victim’s friend hadn’t been able to reach her since she was released on Aug. 28 from BSO’s Main Jail. She had been incarcerated for a day after Luongo called deputies Aug. 27 to say that the victim had assaulted her and that she had a warrant for violation of probation. Deputies arrested her on that warrant, and she was released the following day. It’s unclear when Luongo killed her, though her body had apparently been in the closet for several days. She had a plastic bag over her head and tape wrapped around her head, covering her mouth and nose. Detectives have been unable to reach her family to notify them of her death and, therefore, have not released her name.
BSO homicide detectives began looking for Luongo. Around 1 a.m. Saturday, Ft. Lauderdale Police received a tip that she was in room 105 of the Crossland studio apartments at 3031 Commercial Boulevard in Ft. Lauderdale. FLPD officers and BSO detectives attempted to contact her by phone and loudspeaker for several hours, but she refused to come out. She finally emerged just after 5 a.m. and was taken into custody.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz