BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Robert Higginbotham is not a very good liar, at least according to Boca Raton Police. The Rhode Island man, who maintains a Delray Beach address, is in the Palm Beach County Jail awaiting extradition back to New England.
Boca Raton Police stopped Higginbotham on Federal Highway late Tuesday night when an officer noticed a broken tail light. Higginbotham then allegedly gave the officer a series of lies concerning his license, his date of birth and his social security number. But since you can’t pull one over on Boca Five-0, the officer suspected something was up and learned that Higginbotham had both a suspended license and a warrant for his arrest out of Rhode Island.
At one point, the arresting officer observed Higginbotham “swallow hard” when he realized he was caught in a lie.
Read the compete police report here. You’ll enjoy it.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday