BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Robert Higginbotham is not a very good liar, at least according to Boca Raton Police. The Rhode Island man, who maintains a Delray Beach address, is in the Palm Beach County Jail awaiting extradition back to New England.
Boca Raton Police stopped Higginbotham on Federal Highway late Tuesday night when an officer noticed a broken tail light. Higginbotham then allegedly gave the officer a series of lies concerning his license, his date of birth and his social security number. But since you can’t pull one over on Boca Five-0, the officer suspected something was up and learned that Higginbotham had both a suspended license and a warrant for his arrest out of Rhode Island.
At one point, the arresting officer observed Higginbotham “swallow hard” when he realized he was caught in a lie.
Read the compete police report here. You’ll enjoy it.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested