UPDATE: Boca Raton Police have identified the suspect as Steven Morris Hefner of Hillsboro Beach. His office is located at 345 West Palmetto Park Road.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t know names — yet — but can report that Boca Raton Police are investigating the claim by a homeowner that an interior designer made off with a lot of money without providing the goods.
And by a lot of money, we mean $371,000.
The police report states that the money was for “custom decor” and that “the checks have since been cashed and none of the decor/furniture has been purchased or delivered.”
We’ll update with the name of the designer when and if the claim is substantiated by Boca Raton Police.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida