UPDATE: Boca Raton Police have identified the suspect as Steven Morris Hefner of Hillsboro Beach. His office is located at 345 West Palmetto Park Road.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t know names — yet — but can report that Boca Raton Police are investigating the claim by a homeowner that an interior designer made off with a lot of money without providing the goods.
And by a lot of money, we mean $371,000.
The police report states that the money was for “custom decor” and that “the checks have since been cashed and none of the decor/furniture has been purchased or delivered.”
We’ll update with the name of the designer when and if the claim is substantiated by Boca Raton Police.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic
- TIME TO VOTE: Early Voting Locations Now Open In Palm Beach County
- Thanksgiving Could Be “Devastating” To South Palm Beach County
- FAU Reports 235 Students, Faculty Positive For COVID-19
- Tropical Depression Expected Off Florida’s Coast By Tuesday
- Early Voting Starts Monday In Palm Beach County
- POLICE: Mara Mena Missing, Last Seen In West Boca Raton