DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory) — The U.S. Department of Education named Morikami Park Elementary School a 2014 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. This year, Morikami Park Elementary is only one of nine schools in Florida to receive this prestigious designation. The Blue Ribbon award is considered by some to be the highest honor an American school can achieve.
The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private elementary, middle and high schools based on their overall academic excellence or their progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups. Every year, the U.S. Department of Education seeks and celebrates great American schools, demonstrating that all students can achieve at high levels.
“Morikami Park is just one more example of our district-wide efforts to educate students in a challenging and nurturing environment,” said Superintendent E. Wayne Gent. “The National Blue Ribbon School designation confirms that the efforts of our teachers, staff and students working together achieve positive results every day.”
Morikami Park Elementary joins the ranks of five other Palm Beach County District Schools who have previously received this honor: A.W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts (2007); Bak Middle School of the Arts (2008); Christa McAuliffe Community Middle School (2000); Loggers’ Run Community Middle School (1991 & 1996); and Suncoast Community High School (1998 & 2007).
“This recognition from the Department of Education for our dedication to student achievement is the ultimate validation,” said Morikami Park Elementary School Principal Stacey A. Quiñones. “Morikami Park teachers and staff strive to put the needs of our students first and motivate them to reach their academic best.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain