BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’re not making this up. Boca Raton detectives are actively investigating the attempted theft of a shark from the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center at 1801 North Ocean Blvd. in Boca Raton.
The good news: the shark is fine. He (or she) wasn’t hurt and apparently scared off the intruder.
The bad news: we don’t — yet — have a description of the Sharknapper, so can only advise that you keep a close eye on your own sharks and advise them not to get out of the tank for strangers.
In what is perhaps the most beautifully understated police report we have ever seen, the investigator wrote:
“Boca Raton Police Department responded to Gumbo Limbo Nature Center in reference to a burglary and attempted theft of a shark.”
We don’t know what was stolen from Gumbo Limbo and we don’t know if the shark has a specific characteristic that appeals to the would-be Sharknapper. It’s unclear if the would-be thief was tanked. We are unaware of other Sharknapping attempts in the area.
Check back for updates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday