BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’re not making this up. Boca Raton detectives are actively investigating the attempted theft of a shark from the Gumbo Limbo Nature Center at 1801 North Ocean Blvd. in Boca Raton.
The good news: the shark is fine. He (or she) wasn’t hurt and apparently scared off the intruder.
The bad news: we don’t — yet — have a description of the Sharknapper, so can only advise that you keep a close eye on your own sharks and advise them not to get out of the tank for strangers.
In what is perhaps the most beautifully understated police report we have ever seen, the investigator wrote:
“Boca Raton Police Department responded to Gumbo Limbo Nature Center in reference to a burglary and attempted theft of a shark.”
We don’t know what was stolen from Gumbo Limbo and we don’t know if the shark has a specific characteristic that appeals to the would-be Sharknapper. It’s unclear if the would-be thief was tanked. We are unaware of other Sharknapping attempts in the area.
Check back for updates.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected