UPDATED to clarify who was driving which vehicle.
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No charges have been filed as the investigation continues into the fatal accident that killed George Aguila, 28, of Pompano Beach.
Aguila allegedly entered an intersection illegally and hit Boca Raton resident Austin Modine, 31, driving a Kia Soul. Aguila was killed. Modine was not injured.
From the Broward Sheriff’s Office:
A Pompano Beach man was pronounced dead Wednesday afternoon after the motorcycle he was driving crashed into a car in Deerfield Beach.
Austin Modine was driving his Kia Soul south on South Federal Highway around 5:30 p.m.He came to a stop at the intersection, yielding to northbound traffic as he waited to make a left onto the eastbound lanes of Southeast 10 Street. Once the light turned red and the last of the northbound traffic cleared the intersection, he proceeded eastbound. Motorcyclist George Aguila, Jr., 28, was heading northbound. According to witnesses, he went into the intersection after the light had turned red and crashed into the rear passenger side of the Kia.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue pronounced Aguila dead at the scene.
Modine was not injured.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives shut down the intersection for several hours while they collected evidence from the scene.
The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95