UPDATED to clarify who was driving which vehicle.
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No charges have been filed as the investigation continues into the fatal accident that killed George Aguila, 28, of Pompano Beach.
Aguila allegedly entered an intersection illegally and hit Boca Raton resident Austin Modine, 31, driving a Kia Soul. Aguila was killed. Modine was not injured.
From the Broward Sheriff’s Office:
A Pompano Beach man was pronounced dead Wednesday afternoon after the motorcycle he was driving crashed into a car in Deerfield Beach.
Austin Modine was driving his Kia Soul south on South Federal Highway around 5:30 p.m.He came to a stop at the intersection, yielding to northbound traffic as he waited to make a left onto the eastbound lanes of Southeast 10 Street. Once the light turned red and the last of the northbound traffic cleared the intersection, he proceeded eastbound. Motorcyclist George Aguila, Jr., 28, was heading northbound. According to witnesses, he went into the intersection after the light had turned red and crashed into the rear passenger side of the Kia.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue pronounced Aguila dead at the scene.
Modine was not injured.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives shut down the intersection for several hours while they collected evidence from the scene.
The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club