BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory) — On Thursday, October 16 at about 8:55 p.m., Boca Raton Police Officer James Clark stopped the driver of a stolen Honda on Camino Real near Federal Highway. Officer Clark approached the vehicle and began communicating with the driver. Officer Clark reported that the driver refused to comply with his commands.
While Officer Clark was in contact with the vehicle, the suspect sped away. During the encounter with the suspect, Officer Clark fired one shot, but the bullet did not strike the suspect. Officer Clark was not injured.
The suspect fled and later crashed the stolen vehicle in Deerfield Beach, where he fled on foot. Boca Raton Police officers, with the assistance of members of the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, conducted an exhaustive search for the suspect without results. If anyone has information about this crime, please call Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Light skinned black male
Medium height, stocky build
Short, dark hair and a thin mustache
Wearing white shirt, khaki shorts
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW