BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Road Ranger Arnold Metellus, 59, of Boynton Beach was violently killed early this morning when a silver or gray SUV slammed into him just south of Palmetto Park Road. The fleeing driver continued northbound on I-95 and exited on Palmetto Park Road. The SUV, according to Florida Highway Patrol, should have front and right side damage.
Metellus was pronounced dead at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. The disabled motorist he was helping was not injured. The accident was reported around 1am.
Anyone with information is asked to call Florida Highway Patrol at 954-837-4012 or CrimeStoppers at 800-458-TIPS. You may remain anonymous.
From The Florida Department of Transportation Road Ranger site:
The service patrol concept, known today as the Road Rangers, is a free service of the Florida Department of Transportation and its partners and was initially used for the management of vehicle incidents in construction zones. This program has since expanded to respond to all types of incidents and has become one of the most effective elements of the Department’s incident management program. The Road Rangers provide a direct service to motorists by quickly clearing travel lanes of minor incidents and assisting motorists.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT