BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The hit and run driver who killed Road Ranger Arnold Metellus Saturday night was likely driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Edition — model year 2005-2011. FHP investigators recovered the right mirror from the accident scene.
Metellus, 59, was helping a stranded motorist in the northbound lanes of I-95 — just south of Palmetto Park Road — when the driver of the Jeep allegedly sideswiped the Road Ranger truck and the disabled vehicle. The driver continued on to exit at Palmetto Park Road while Metellus died at the scene. He was officially pronounced dead at Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
Anyone with information is asked to call FHP at 954-837-4012, or CrimeStoppers.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District