BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The hit and run driver who killed Road Ranger Arnold Metellus Saturday night was likely driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Edition — model year 2005-2011. FHP investigators recovered the right mirror from the accident scene.
Metellus, 59, was helping a stranded motorist in the northbound lanes of I-95 — just south of Palmetto Park Road — when the driver of the Jeep allegedly sideswiped the Road Ranger truck and the disabled vehicle. The driver continued on to exit at Palmetto Park Road while Metellus died at the scene. He was officially pronounced dead at Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
Anyone with information is asked to call FHP at 954-837-4012, or CrimeStoppers.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail