BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Questions are being raised tonight about the secrecy of the vote in Palm Beach County.
From the county that brought you dangling and hanging chads comes poll workers who are scanning the drivers licenses of voters as they enter the polling place. Using iPads — and it’s unclear if the iPads have been updated to the current operating system — poll workers place the bar code of the license against the iPad’s camera. The voter’s home information is displayed on the screen.
It’s unclear if the data is being stored. It is also unclear if the address of every voter is being accessed remotely or if the
information has been downloaded to each individual iPad. It’s also unclear if the voter ID scans are time coded — making it possible to sync voters with their scantron cards.
PHOTO: An unidentified poll worker scans a license.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K