BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Charles Segler, a Delray dentist who lives in Boca Raton, was jailed on a battery charge early Wednesday morning.
Segler, 61, was arrested following a “domestic disturbance” investigation by Boca Raton Police. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail around 2am and released on his own recognizance shortly after noon.
Segler was charged with felony domestic battery back in 2011 but the State Attorney’s Office declined to prosecute.
While not specifically commenting on this case, our legal experts remind us that domestic battery charges are often filed as part of divorce maneuvering — but frequently are “down filed” or not prosecuted when the “victim” refuses to testify or the State Attorney’s Office decides the case lacks evidence or substance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District