BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Charles Segler, a Delray dentist who lives in Boca Raton, was jailed on a battery charge early Wednesday morning.
Segler, 61, was arrested following a “domestic disturbance” investigation by Boca Raton Police. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail around 2am and released on his own recognizance shortly after noon.
Segler was charged with felony domestic battery back in 2011 but the State Attorney’s Office declined to prosecute.
While not specifically commenting on this case, our legal experts remind us that domestic battery charges are often filed as part of divorce maneuvering — but frequently are “down filed” or not prosecuted when the “victim” refuses to testify or the State Attorney’s Office decides the case lacks evidence or substance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette