BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Charles Segler, a Delray dentist who lives in Boca Raton, was jailed on a battery charge early Wednesday morning.
Segler, 61, was arrested following a “domestic disturbance” investigation by Boca Raton Police. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail around 2am and released on his own recognizance shortly after noon.
Segler was charged with felony domestic battery back in 2011 but the State Attorney’s Office declined to prosecute.
While not specifically commenting on this case, our legal experts remind us that domestic battery charges are often filed as part of divorce maneuvering — but frequently are “down filed” or not prosecuted when the “victim” refuses to testify or the State Attorney’s Office decides the case lacks evidence or substance.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car