BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Charles Segler, a Delray dentist who lives in Boca Raton, was jailed on a battery charge early Wednesday morning.
Segler, 61, was arrested following a “domestic disturbance” investigation by Boca Raton Police. He was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail around 2am and released on his own recognizance shortly after noon.
Segler was charged with felony domestic battery back in 2011 but the State Attorney’s Office declined to prosecute.
While not specifically commenting on this case, our legal experts remind us that domestic battery charges are often filed as part of divorce maneuvering — but frequently are “down filed” or not prosecuted when the “victim” refuses to testify or the State Attorney’s Office decides the case lacks evidence or substance.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida