BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office just announced via Twitter that it will return the “blotter” to operational status shortly.
Direct from Twitter:
# PBSO has determined that The Booking Blotter was not operating in a manner consistent with what was expected of the site PBSO will fix the issues and have the site up and operational in a short time frame. Thank you for your patience.
While we don’t know why PBSO made this appear like retaliation for the Palm Beach Post’s questioning over blotter issues, or why Sheriff Ric Bradshaw chose to remain silent for so long on the issue (he’s a politician. He knows better), we appreciate the agency’s prompt action on the matter.
The booking blotter is a true representation of a forward-thinking agency, offering direct transparency to the public. We look forward to the return of that transparency.
As a show of good faith, we are moving the articles questioning why the blotter was removed to “inactive” — as we have no reason to believe now that Ric Bradshaw’s intentions were pure, even if his team’s media handling of the situation was flawed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Claims Ex Is Child Abuser, Posts To Socials, Jailed
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Declares State Of Emergency For Building Collapse
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing