BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office just announced via Twitter that it will return the “blotter” to operational status shortly.
Direct from Twitter:
# PBSO has determined that The Booking Blotter was not operating in a manner consistent with what was expected of the site PBSO will fix the issues and have the site up and operational in a short time frame. Thank you for your patience.
While we don’t know why PBSO made this appear like retaliation for the Palm Beach Post’s questioning over blotter issues, or why Sheriff Ric Bradshaw chose to remain silent for so long on the issue (he’s a politician. He knows better), we appreciate the agency’s prompt action on the matter.
The booking blotter is a true representation of a forward-thinking agency, offering direct transparency to the public. We look forward to the return of that transparency.
As a show of good faith, we are moving the articles questioning why the blotter was removed to “inactive” — as we have no reason to believe now that Ric Bradshaw’s intentions were pure, even if his team’s media handling of the situation was flawed.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop