DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Wellington man is dead after police say he ejected himself from his motorcycle to avoid a crash.
Andrew Sullivan, 69, of Wellington, was riding his ’71 BMW motorcycle east bound on Atlantic Avenue in the area of Half Mile Road — near Lyons. As he approached Half Mile Road, a stopped car entered the intersection to turn left. Sullivan, police say, trying to avoid a collision, “lay the motorcycle down” — causing serious injury to himself. Sullivan was transported to Delray Medical Center where he later died.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says there was absolutely no contact between the vehicle entering Atlantic from Half Mile and Sullivan’s motorcycle. The investigation continues. No charges have been filed.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Asbsent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List