DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Wellington man is dead after police say he ejected himself from his motorcycle to avoid a crash.
Andrew Sullivan, 69, of Wellington, was riding his ’71 BMW motorcycle east bound on Atlantic Avenue in the area of Half Mile Road — near Lyons. As he approached Half Mile Road, a stopped car entered the intersection to turn left. Sullivan, police say, trying to avoid a collision, “lay the motorcycle down” — causing serious injury to himself. Sullivan was transported to Delray Medical Center where he later died.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says there was absolutely no contact between the vehicle entering Atlantic from Half Mile and Sullivan’s motorcycle. The investigation continues. No charges have been filed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School