DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Wellington man is dead after police say he ejected himself from his motorcycle to avoid a crash.
Andrew Sullivan, 69, of Wellington, was riding his ’71 BMW motorcycle east bound on Atlantic Avenue in the area of Half Mile Road — near Lyons. As he approached Half Mile Road, a stopped car entered the intersection to turn left. Sullivan, police say, trying to avoid a collision, “lay the motorcycle down” — causing serious injury to himself. Sullivan was transported to Delray Medical Center where he later died.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says there was absolutely no contact between the vehicle entering Atlantic from Half Mile and Sullivan’s motorcycle. The investigation continues. No charges have been filed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K