DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Philadelphia area natives living in South Florida will know the name “Marv Pollow.” Through catchy jingles and ever present radio advertising campaigns, Marv Pollow claimed to be “the world smallest Chevrolet dealer.”
Marvin Pollow, 92, died Monday of a stroke in Delray Beach, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Neither Pollow, nor his dealership, were small. Polo’s wife told the Inqy that Pollow, — who lived in Philadelphia’s suburban Bala Cynwyd — was actually 5’11’’. His dealership was large. But when looking for a marketing campaign back in the late 1950s and early 60’s, he decided to go in the opposite of every other dealership claiming to be the largest.
The advertising campaign, to catchy music: “Who’s the world’s smallest Chevrolet dealer? Me, Marv Pollow!”
The jingle ran for 30 years.
A graveside service was held today in Trevose, Pennsylvania.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales