DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A driver and passenger were killed early this morning when the driver apparently lost control of a 2010 Jeep and crashed into the side of Jog Road, just north of Atlantic Avenue.
No names have yet been released. The accident happened on Jog Road in Delray Beach, in the area of Oriole Blvd.
Here is the preliminary report, directly from PBSO. “V-1” is the reference for Vehicle 1, “D-1” is Driver-1.
V-1 was southbound on Jog Road, approaching S. Oriole Blvd. For unknown reasons D-1 lost control and V-1 left the roadway. V-1 struck the curb on the west side of the roadway and crossed the sidewalk where it struck a metal pedestrian guardrail.
The driver’s side of V-1 then struck a concrete utility pole on the northwest corner of the intersection.
The passenger’s side of V-1 then impacted with a second concrete utility pole just southwest of the first pole. V-1 then rotated to final rest on the sidewalk on the northwest corner, facing northwest.
D-1 was pronounced dead on the scene and the passenger died at Delray medical Center a short time later. Names withheld pending notification and positive identification.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Developing In Gulf
- AGAIN: Fort Lauderdale Airport Parking Garages Completely Full