DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The two people killed in an early Sunday morning crash on Jog road, just North of Atlantic Avenue have been identified.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Arthur Rischter, 19, of Delray Beach was the driver, Sam Swisa,17, of Boca Raton was the passenger. Both were killed in the one car accident when Rischter apparently lost control of the Jeep which struck the side of the road, a utility pole, then came to rest after a violent crash.
Here is the preliminary report, directly from PBSO. “V-1” is the reference for Vehicle 1, “D-1” is Driver-1.
V-1 was southbound on Jog Road, approaching S. Oriole Blvd. For unknown reasons D-1 lost control and V-1 left the roadway. V-1 struck the curb on the west side of the roadway and crossed the sidewalk where it struck a metal pedestrian guardrail.
The driver’s side of V-1 then struck a concrete utility pole on the northwest corner of the intersection.
The passenger’s side of V-1 then impacted with a second concrete utility pole just southwest of the first pole. V-1 then rotated to final rest on the sidewalk on the northwest corner, facing northwest.
D-1 was pronounced dead on the scene and the passenger died at Delray medical Center a short time later. Names withheld pending notification and positive identification.
Anyone with information is asked to call PBSO at 561-681-4542.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge
- FLORIDA: At Least 40 Children Admitted To Hospitals For COVID On Monday