DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The two people killed in an early Sunday morning crash on Jog road, just North of Atlantic Avenue have been identified.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Arthur Rischter, 19, of Delray Beach was the driver, Sam Swisa,17, of Boca Raton was the passenger. Both were killed in the one car accident when Rischter apparently lost control of the Jeep which struck the side of the road, a utility pole, then came to rest after a violent crash.
Here is the preliminary report, directly from PBSO. “V-1” is the reference for Vehicle 1, “D-1” is Driver-1.
V-1 was southbound on Jog Road, approaching S. Oriole Blvd. For unknown reasons D-1 lost control and V-1 left the roadway. V-1 struck the curb on the west side of the roadway and crossed the sidewalk where it struck a metal pedestrian guardrail.
The driver’s side of V-1 then struck a concrete utility pole on the northwest corner of the intersection.
The passenger’s side of V-1 then impacted with a second concrete utility pole just southwest of the first pole. V-1 then rotated to final rest on the sidewalk on the northwest corner, facing northwest.
D-1 was pronounced dead on the scene and the passenger died at Delray medical Center a short time later. Names withheld pending notification and positive identification.
Anyone with information is asked to call PBSO at 561-681-4542.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested