BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are awaiting confirmation from the Department of Justice — unlikely to come on Thanksgiving — but Jose Lambiet on his Gossip Extra Site reports that the FBI raided the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office earlier this week, possibly investigating alleged civil rights violations by the department.
Make no mistake: while Gossip Extra may sound like a celebrity-esque website, Lambiet is a legitimate journalist and gets it right.
PBSO Sheriff Ric Bradshaw is having a particularly difficult year and is under scrutiny for what can best be described as “bizarre” decisions of late, including the removal of the public jail “booking blotter.” The blotter, removed apparently to settle a score with the Palm Beach Post, was restored to public view after a week of bad press. The Post asked Bradshaw why his jail routinely removed booking information involving law enforcement officers.
We asked the same question a year ago when Boca Raton Police arrested a DHS agent, yet PBSO neglected to release his booking photo until several Freedom of Information Act requests were filed.
It is unclear if the Department of Justice is looking solely at police involved shootings — as Lambiet’s article suggests — or is taking a broader look at PBSO.
Bradshaw has served as elected Sheriff since 2004.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom