BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — ‘Tis the season for honesty.
We don’t know his name or if the beard is real, but this Boca Beggar is shooting straight with the sign he proudly held at the intersection of Palmetto Park Road and Powerline earlier Saturday. He was, of course, standing on the west side of Powerline.
Begging is illegal in the City of Boca Raton.
In an area where Boca Beggars are constantly claiming to be dying of cancer (one has been holding the same sign for four years), unemployed parents (wearing brand new hightop sneakers), or Vietnam Vets (despite looking to be all of 25 years old), the refreshing honesty seemed to resonate with those driving by in Lexus ES350s, Mercedes, Audis and BMWs.
In an unscientific observation, we saw this man take in $10 in just under five minutes. That’s $120 an hour, or $960 a day. If he’s out for 50 weeks (taking two off to actually buy and enjoy the beer he’s seeking), this Boca Beggar could be taking in $240,000 a year.
Even beggars shine a little brighter in Boca.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District
- HURRICANE CENTER MONDAY: Peter, Rose And Another System East Of Florida
- TROPICAL STORM ROSE FORMS, JOINS PETER, TWO MORE BEING WATCHED
- FLORIDA: COVID Continues To Kill Nearly 200 A Day In Hospitals
- Anti-Masking Parent Suing Palm Beach Schools Was Arrested For Child Abuse