BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — ‘Tis the season for honesty.
We don’t know his name or if the beard is real, but this Boca Beggar is shooting straight with the sign he proudly held at the intersection of Palmetto Park Road and Powerline earlier Saturday. He was, of course, standing on the west side of Powerline.
Begging is illegal in the City of Boca Raton.
In an area where Boca Beggars are constantly claiming to be dying of cancer (one has been holding the same sign for four years), unemployed parents (wearing brand new hightop sneakers), or Vietnam Vets (despite looking to be all of 25 years old), the refreshing honesty seemed to resonate with those driving by in Lexus ES350s, Mercedes, Audis and BMWs.
In an unscientific observation, we saw this man take in $10 in just under five minutes. That’s $120 an hour, or $960 a day. If he’s out for 50 weeks (taking two off to actually buy and enjoy the beer he’s seeking), this Boca Beggar could be taking in $240,000 a year.
Even beggars shine a little brighter in Boca.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Female Juvenile Chased, Attacked Near Jog Road
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES: Major Delays and Cancellations Systemwide
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched
- Boca Raton Man Accused Of Snatching Necklace From Wyndham Guest’s Neck
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today