BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com)(Media Advisory) — The Donna Klein Jewish Academy Middle School Lady Eagles Basketball Team won the Independent Athletic League Championship on December 10, 2014, with a victory over previously undefeated Sagemont School of Weston, by the score of 27 – 24. The Lady Eagles’ only loss of the season had been to Sagemont on December 1st.
The Lady Eagles made it to the championship game by first defeating Brauser Maimonides Academy at home in the first round of the playoffs on Monday 33 – 12. The team then traveled down to undefeated Hochberg Prep in Davie and won 30 – 23. Those wins set up a rematch with Sagemont in front of a huge home crowd. The Lady Eagles jumped out early on, and Sagemont and led at the end of the half 16 – 11.
Point guard Sydney Levine (6 points), guard Sammi Schlissel (6 points overall), Guard Gabi Cohen (3 points), and Center Cate Rosenthal (3 points) led the way in the first half. In the second half, Forward Alex Starr dominated the game scoring all of a team-leading 7 points and playing outstanding defense. Lee Tirosh chipped in with 2 points and a huge steal to seal the win in the final seconds. Cate Rosenthal was dominant on the, boards finishing with over 14 rebounds and hustling after every loose ball.
The Lady Eagles finished the season with an overall record of 11 – 1.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation