BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Brett Knowles was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Thursday on charges related to a September accident in which three children were hit while riding bikes and skateboards. The children suffered serious injuries.
The accident — in the area of 441 and Central Park Blvd. — is the same intersection where Thursday morning’s accident claimed the life of a Boca man. There have been several other accidents at this location throughout the year.
Knowles was charged with hit and run in addition to “driving without a license and causing a (serious accident).”
He was released on $20,000 bond.
It is unclear — at this point — whether attorneys are considering action against Palm Beach County for the maintenance of the intersection that is the constant scene of accidents.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District