BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Brett Knowles was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail Thursday on charges related to a September accident in which three children were hit while riding bikes and skateboards. The children suffered serious injuries.
The accident — in the area of 441 and Central Park Blvd. — is the same intersection where Thursday morning’s accident claimed the life of a Boca man. There have been several other accidents at this location throughout the year.
Knowles was charged with hit and run in addition to “driving without a license and causing a (serious accident).”
He was released on $20,000 bond.
It is unclear — at this point — whether attorneys are considering action against Palm Beach County for the maintenance of the intersection that is the constant scene of accidents.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette