UPDATE: The victim has been identified as Chiar Raymond, 15, of Boynton Beach. He was walking home from an event at Boynton a Beach High School with his older brother and a friend when he was tragically struck by a car.
Police are still looking for the suspect vehicle – a red or maroon Mercedes, possibly a four door sedan, with damage to the passenger’s side mirror and front bumper.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boynton Beach Police are investigating a hit and run that killed a 15-year-old boy on Saturday night.
A car heading northbound struck the teen, who was walking north alongside the roadway, in the 2000 block of High Ridge Road at about 11:15 p.m.
The teen was taken to Delray Medical Center, where he died. His name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
The car that struck him fled from the scene without rendering aid or providing information. The car is believed to be a red or maroon Mercedes, possibly a four door sedan, with damage to the passenger’s side front bumper and mirror. It is possible that the car was exiting the area of Quantum Lake Villas just prior to the crash.
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to call Traffic Homicide Investigators Jose Rivera at 742-6114 or Charles Turco at 742-6111. Tips can also be submitted via our MyPD app and http://www.bbpd.org. You can remain anonymous.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton