PENSACOLA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory) — Florida Department of Law Enforcement Pensacola Regional Operations Center Special Agents yesterday arrested Robert Wade Erickson, 27, on one count each of traveling to meet a minor for sex, online solicitation of a minor and illegal use of a two way communications device. Navy Ensign Erickson is stationed at Whiting Field in Santa Rosa County, Fla.
Erickson began communicating with an undercover FDLE Agent online and via text message on Dec. 9, 2014. During the communication, Erickson solicited who he believed to be a 15-year-old boy. FDLE Agents, with assistance from the Pensacola Police Department, arrested Erickson yesterday when he arrived at the predetermined meeting location on Bayou Blvd. in Pensacola, Fla.
Erickson was booked into the Escambia County Jail without bond. This case will be prosecuted by the Office of the State Attorney, First Judicial Circuit.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical
- Boynton Beach Man Arrested In Maryland For Local Murder
- Florida Hospital Available Capacity Now Under 25 Percent