PENSACOLA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory) — Florida Department of Law Enforcement Pensacola Regional Operations Center Special Agents yesterday arrested Robert Wade Erickson, 27, on one count each of traveling to meet a minor for sex, online solicitation of a minor and illegal use of a two way communications device. Navy Ensign Erickson is stationed at Whiting Field in Santa Rosa County, Fla.
Erickson began communicating with an undercover FDLE Agent online and via text message on Dec. 9, 2014. During the communication, Erickson solicited who he believed to be a 15-year-old boy. FDLE Agents, with assistance from the Pensacola Police Department, arrested Erickson yesterday when he arrived at the predetermined meeting location on Bayou Blvd. in Pensacola, Fla.
Erickson was booked into the Escambia County Jail without bond. This case will be prosecuted by the Office of the State Attorney, First Judicial Circuit.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies