PENSACOLA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory) — Florida Department of Law Enforcement Pensacola Regional Operations Center Special Agents yesterday arrested Robert Wade Erickson, 27, on one count each of traveling to meet a minor for sex, online solicitation of a minor and illegal use of a two way communications device. Navy Ensign Erickson is stationed at Whiting Field in Santa Rosa County, Fla.
Erickson began communicating with an undercover FDLE Agent online and via text message on Dec. 9, 2014. During the communication, Erickson solicited who he believed to be a 15-year-old boy. FDLE Agents, with assistance from the Pensacola Police Department, arrested Erickson yesterday when he arrived at the predetermined meeting location on Bayou Blvd. in Pensacola, Fla.
Erickson was booked into the Escambia County Jail without bond. This case will be prosecuted by the Office of the State Attorney, First Judicial Circuit.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID