PENSACOLA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory) — Florida Department of Law Enforcement Pensacola Regional Operations Center Special Agents yesterday arrested Robert Wade Erickson, 27, on one count each of traveling to meet a minor for sex, online solicitation of a minor and illegal use of a two way communications device. Navy Ensign Erickson is stationed at Whiting Field in Santa Rosa County, Fla.
Erickson began communicating with an undercover FDLE Agent online and via text message on Dec. 9, 2014. During the communication, Erickson solicited who he believed to be a 15-year-old boy. FDLE Agents, with assistance from the Pensacola Police Department, arrested Erickson yesterday when he arrived at the predetermined meeting location on Bayou Blvd. in Pensacola, Fla.
Erickson was booked into the Escambia County Jail without bond. This case will be prosecuted by the Office of the State Attorney, First Judicial Circuit.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified