BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) – The non profit "OpenTheBooks.com" site just finished requesting and compiling salary data for Boca Raton employees, and the numbers are eye opening. Many city employees in Boca make more each year than the top earning Governors.
Government salaries makeup the majority of the annual budget and most do not provide the general public with this detail. We submitted an "Open Records" request to the City of Boca Raton, Florida requesting employee salaries from 2008 – 2013. What we found will shock most people. While the private sector shrunk during this economic downturn called the "Great Recession", if you were employed with the government you saw hefty salary increases.
For government to be completely transparent we would expect them to proactively publish all their expenses so citizens can hold their elected officials accountable. At OpenTheBooks we have posted the City of Boca Raton salaries on our website and within our mobile app so citizens can easily review their salaries.
The total payroll costs for 2013 was $87,798,520.96 and for the 6 year period from 2008 – 2013 the total payroll costs were $521,797,799.34.
To put this in perspective, the highest gubernatorial salary for a sitting US governor in 2013 is Gov. Tom Corbett of Pennsylvania earning $187,256. In 2013, The City of Boca Raton had four employees who out-earned all 50 US governors. These include: Frieser, Diana G (City Attorney – $294,507.34), Ahnell, Leif J (City Manager – $283,768.63), Brown, George S (Deputy City Manager – $195,236.99) and Woika, Michael J (Assistant City Manager – $194,317.56). Additionally, we found a total of 190 employees who earned $100,000+. This is an increase of 31% over 2008. The Per Capita Personal Income in 2012 of Palm Beach County is $55,628*.
We have published the city’s entire payroll for 2008-2013 for the general public to view. To view this data on our website, click here.
Frieser, Diana G (City Attorney), had an overall increase of 13.2% from 2008-2013.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation