BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just in from the Boca Raton Police Department:
On Saturday, December 27 at about 8:15 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a robbery that occurred at 2801 NE 2nd Avenue.
The victim told officers she had just returned home from Publix and was sitting in the car in her driveway with her 22 month old child in the backseat. After several minutes she heard a noise, which she believed to be the racking of a handgun, and saw a male outside her open window, pointing a 9mm handgun at her. The suspect yelled, “Give me your phone!” He then reached into the car and grabbed the phone from her hand.
The suspect demanded her money, but the victim told him she didn’t have anything else. The suspect opened the rear driver’s side door and began rummaging around in the backseat. The victim was afraid for her child so she got out of the car and as she did, she saw the suspect pointing the gun at her child. The victim pleaded with the suspect and yelled for help.
The suspect ran westbound on foot towards Dixie Highway. Neither the victim nor her child, were injured. The victim described the suspect as a black male, approximately 25 years old, tall, medium build, and wearing a dark colored shirt, jeans, and a diamond chain.
If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Stepp at (561) 620-6196 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant