BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just in from the Boca Raton Police Department:
On Saturday, December 27 at about 8:15 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a robbery that occurred at 2801 NE 2nd Avenue.
The victim told officers she had just returned home from Publix and was sitting in the car in her driveway with her 22 month old child in the backseat. After several minutes she heard a noise, which she believed to be the racking of a handgun, and saw a male outside her open window, pointing a 9mm handgun at her. The suspect yelled, “Give me your phone!” He then reached into the car and grabbed the phone from her hand.
The suspect demanded her money, but the victim told him she didn’t have anything else. The suspect opened the rear driver’s side door and began rummaging around in the backseat. The victim was afraid for her child so she got out of the car and as she did, she saw the suspect pointing the gun at her child. The victim pleaded with the suspect and yelled for help.
The suspect ran westbound on foot towards Dixie Highway. Neither the victim nor her child, were injured. The victim described the suspect as a black male, approximately 25 years old, tall, medium build, and wearing a dark colored shirt, jeans, and a diamond chain.
If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Stepp at (561) 620-6196 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday