BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory) — Palm Tran, Palm Beach County’s public transportation system, announces schedule and route improvements, beginning January 11, for Routes 1 and 40.
Route 1, which runs along US 1 from Palm Beach Gardens to Boca Raton, has the most ridership of any Palm Tran route, averaging over 8,000 passengers per day. Two additional buses will be dedicated to this route on weekdays. This will result in additional running time which will assist in keeping buses on schedule and improve overall route performance.
Several changes will be made to the limited-stop Route 40 which will begin to offer all-day service on weekdays between Belle Glade, Wellington and West Palm Beach via State Road 80.
In order to streamline the route, two of the four trips between Belle Glade and Pahokee with the lowest ridership were eliminated, as well as an extra loop of downtown West Palm Beach. The route will begin in the Glades and end at the Intermodal Transit Center in downtown West Palm Beach where passengers can connect to several other Palm Tran routes and Tri-Rail. These routing changes, plus additional running time added to the schedule will improve Route 40’s on-time performance and efficiency.
Please click here for the new schedules for Routes 1 and 40. For complete schedules and trip planning assistance, please call customer service at 561-841-4287 or visit http://www.palmtran.org.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GLADES ROAD CLOSES TONIGHT, WILL REMAIN CLOSED ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Your Escort Company May Have Just Been Busted By The Cops
- UBER SUED AFTER DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- OFFICIAL: Boca Raton Leaders Sworn-In During Organizational Meeting
- Homicide, Hit And Run Charges Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- TRAFFIC ALERT: GLADES ROAD TO COMPLETELY CLOSE AT I-95 ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Palm Beach County Lawyer Nabbed While Downloading Child Pornography
- MURDER IN WEST DELRAY BEACH, POLICE INVESTIGATING
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: More Arrests, More Often As Another Is Locked Up