BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory From Palm Beach County) — Recently someone claiming to be a Palm Beach County Water Utilities employee gained access to a home by pretending he was there to test the customer’s water.Customers of the Water Utilities Department (WUD) should be cautious of anyone claiming to be an employee and asking to enter the home.
WUD employees will not ask to enter your home, offer to test your water, or accept payments.
Things to look for:
- Water Utilities Department photo ID badge
- Uniform with the Palm Beach County logo
- WUD vehicle clearly marked with the Water Utilities Department logo
If you suspect someone is falsely identifying themselves, call 911 to report the incident.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida