BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Deerfield Beach resident John Ward, 20, was killed Sunday night when Florida Highway Patrol said he was unable to stop his motorcycle before hitting a stopped car in front of him. Investigators say three lanes of traffic southbound were stopped in the area of Congress Avenue. Ward attempted to brake online casino when he realized the Honda Accord in front of him was stopped but apparently couldn’t. He “applied the brakes and laid the bike down” but still “slid towards (the Honda). Ward collided with left rear of the Honda” and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High