BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Janelle Marie Auriemma remains in the Palm Beach County Jail Monday Morning following her arrest for two counts of child neglect.
The NW 27th Avenue resident allegedly left her children — described by police as “shivering” — in her car in the parking lot of the Renaissance Hotel while she, in an apparent drug induced stupor — displayed erratic behavior in the hotel lobby. Her behavior was so erratic — dropping suitcases, fumbling for keys, losing the room key she was just given — that the front desk manager emailed a superior to document the situation.
It wasn’t for several hours, however, that Renaissance staffers realized the seriousness of the situation. Upon seeing Auriemma’s bags in the parking lot, a staffer looked at a nearby car and saw two children shivering in the back seat. The temperature was as low as 48 degrees.
Police responded. Auriemma stated that she wanted her kids to meet her friend “Alex” who came to visit her in the hotel but told police she left the kids in the car “because they were sleeping so quietly.”
Wrote an investigating officer: “Had the (children) been able to remove themselves from the vehicle and started wandering around, it could have led to grave consequences. They are short in stature and may not have been seen by a passing motorist…The unattended juveniles were susceptible to a possible abduction.”
Aruiemma admitted to taking Klonopin for anxiety but couldn’t, according to police, recall how much she had taken or specifically when.
The children are in DCF custody.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday