BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Janelle Marie Auriemma remains in the Palm Beach County Jail Monday Morning following her arrest for two counts of child neglect.
The NW 27th Avenue resident allegedly left her children — described by police as “shivering” — in her car in the parking lot of the Renaissance Hotel while she, in an apparent drug induced stupor — displayed erratic behavior in the hotel lobby. Her behavior was so erratic — dropping suitcases, fumbling for keys, losing the room key she was just given — that the front desk manager emailed a superior to document the situation.
It wasn’t for several hours, however, that Renaissance staffers realized the seriousness of the situation. Upon seeing Auriemma’s bags in the parking lot, a staffer looked at a nearby car and saw two children shivering in the back seat. The temperature was as low as 48 degrees.
Police responded. Auriemma stated that she wanted her kids to meet her friend “Alex” who came to visit her in the hotel but told police she left the kids in the car “because they were sleeping so quietly.”
Wrote an investigating officer: “Had the (children) been able to remove themselves from the vehicle and started wandering around, it could have led to grave consequences. They are short in stature and may not have been seen by a passing motorist…The unattended juveniles were susceptible to a possible abduction.”
Aruiemma admitted to taking Klonopin for anxiety but couldn’t, according to police, recall how much she had taken or specifically when.
The children are in DCF custody.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WATCH Former Trump Campaign Official Get Tackled By Fort Lauderdale Police
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections