OCALA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory from FDLE) — The Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force arrested Daniel James Schwarz, 50, for failure to register as a sex offender in Florida and New York. Schwarz was arrested Feb. 2, 2015 at the residence of 1701 NE 70th Street, #3, Ocala, Fla. on outstanding warrants from Florida and New York.
Schwarz was convicted of sexual battery and false imprisonment in Broward County, Fla. in 1997 and ordered to register as a sex offender. He absconded from registration in Florida the first time in 2007. In 2012, he was located in Florida and sentenced to prison for failing to register. Upon his release in July 2014, he registered an address in Lee County, Fla. Schwarz once again absconded from registration in November 2014. Investigators believe Schwarz has been residing in the Ocala area since leaving Lee County.
Laws require sexual offenders to register specific information such as their home address, current employment, and social media identifiers. Offenders register at their local sheriff’s office and information is provided to FDLE to be maintained publicly online. Florida’s sex offender registry began in 1997 and is accessible to the public at www.flsexoffender.net.
Schwarz was booked into the Marion County Jail. This case will be prosecuted by the Office of State Attorney, 5thJudicial Circuit. Schwarz also faces charges in New York for failing to register as a sex offender in that state. Investigators believe Schwarz may have lived in New York sometime between 2007 and 2012.
FDLE will continue to investigate sexual offenders and predators who attempt to conceal their registration status in Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge