OCALA, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Media Advisory from FDLE) — The Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force arrested Daniel James Schwarz, 50, for failure to register as a sex offender in Florida and New York. Schwarz was arrested Feb. 2, 2015 at the residence of 1701 NE 70th Street, #3, Ocala, Fla. on outstanding warrants from Florida and New York.
Schwarz was convicted of sexual battery and false imprisonment in Broward County, Fla. in 1997 and ordered to register as a sex offender. He absconded from registration in Florida the first time in 2007. In 2012, he was located in Florida and sentenced to prison for failing to register. Upon his release in July 2014, he registered an address in Lee County, Fla. Schwarz once again absconded from registration in November 2014. Investigators believe Schwarz has been residing in the Ocala area since leaving Lee County.
Laws require sexual offenders to register specific information such as their home address, current employment, and social media identifiers. Offenders register at their local sheriff’s office and information is provided to FDLE to be maintained publicly online. Florida’s sex offender registry began in 1997 and is accessible to the public at www.flsexoffender.net.
Schwarz was booked into the Marion County Jail. This case will be prosecuted by the Office of State Attorney, 5thJudicial Circuit. Schwarz also faces charges in New York for failing to register as a sex offender in that state. Investigators believe Schwarz may have lived in New York sometime between 2007 and 2012.
FDLE will continue to investigate sexual offenders and predators who attempt to conceal their registration status in Florida.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Child Nearly Drowns At Lotus Swimming Pool In West Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Real Estate Still Troubled, Sales And Listings All Over The Place
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Kings Point Delray Beach Resident Arrested, Now 17 In ‘23
- Luke Bryan To Support Palm Beach County Schools
- Major Crash Closes Alligator Alley, At Least One Dead
- Boca Raton Man Sued By Amex, Owes $936,000 On Centurion Card
- Shooting In West Delray Beach Leaves One Man Critically Injured
- TROPICAL STORM WATCH: Philippe Approaches Land, National Hurricane Center Warning
- BOCA RATON FLOODING: Major Road Closed Due To High Waters Late Sunday Afternoon