BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A packed clubhouse full of Boca Falls Homeowners largely blasted the volunteer board of directors Thursday night for considering a $2100 special assessment, payable over two years.
Angry with directors attempting to update the luxury community, its pool and clubhouse, homeowners spoke out of turn, violated traditional speaking order and didn’t understand the basics of representative democracy: elected board members vote, not individual homeowners. Some accused board members of kickbacks and wrongdoing, yet offered no evidence. Those homeowners supporting the proposed assessment were often booed or chastised.
Some commented that adults should have learned to act like grownups from the kids at Waters Edge Elementary, the public school just outside the community’s fence.
Homes in Boca Falls average $500,000. The monthly HOA fee is $300. Realtors say inventory in the desired community consistently moves fast.
The nearly two hour meeting highlighted a caste system — original homeowners, who paid $200-$300k in the mid to late 90s, claiming more relevance than newer homeowners paying $500k to $900k.
Despite the potential substantial increase in equity for homeowners who purchased new construction in the mid 90s, one long time homeowner explained that a family medical issue would make paying the assessment, in retirement, a true hardship.
Homeowners also expressed anger over a recent $300k gym renovation, $750k for stone monuments placed at the entrance to all sub communities, and hundreds of thousands needed for repairs of the waterfalls at the entrance to Boca Falls.
Homeowners united, however, with anger that the Board of Directors never revealed the potential amount of assessment before the meeting began and is not seeking multiple competitive bids.
The Board, as of 9:15p, decided to delay voting for a month
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police