UPDATE: 8:04p — We called it. While the initial police report was wrong — it was a JetBlue ground worker, not a TSA agent who heard the buzzing — the result was as we predicted. The buzzing noise may have been “an electric toothbrush” or something similar, according to PBSO. The airport is open again.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you’re flying in or out of PBIA this afternoon or evening, good luck to you. A TSA agent heard a buzzing noise and, drawing on his or her vast training and experience, determined the buzzing noise must be something bad. So the airport, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, is shut down.
We’ll update as soon as we hear more, an update we expect to be something like: “the vibrating noise turned out to be nothing more than an ear-hair trimmer…or tickle-me-Elmo trapped under a pile of clothes…”
(BocaNewsNow.com isn’t trying to be cynical, but what are the odds of something bad being constructed in such a way that it makes noise?)
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway