UPDATE: 8:04p — We called it. While the initial police report was wrong — it was a JetBlue ground worker, not a TSA agent who heard the buzzing — the result was as we predicted. The buzzing noise may have been “an electric toothbrush” or something similar, according to PBSO. The airport is open again.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you’re flying in or out of PBIA this afternoon or evening, good luck to you. A TSA agent heard a buzzing noise and, drawing on his or her vast training and experience, determined the buzzing noise must be something bad. So the airport, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, is shut down.
We’ll update as soon as we hear more, an update we expect to be something like: “the vibrating noise turned out to be nothing more than an ear-hair trimmer…or tickle-me-Elmo trapped under a pile of clothes…”
(BocaNewsNow.com isn’t trying to be cynical, but what are the odds of something bad being constructed in such a way that it makes noise?)
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District