UPDATE: 4:45p – We have just obtained the official arrest report. Read it here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A fiery multi-car crash this morning on the Florida Turnpike near Glades Road was caused by a drunk Nina Marie Rodriguez of Boynton Beach, according to Florida Highway Patrol.
Rodriguez, 34, according to FHP, had a blood alcohol content of .116 and .117 in two tests conducted after the explosion.
Investigators say a vehicle had pulled off onto the shoulder in the area of Glades when Rodriguez — unable to stay in her own lane — drifted onto the shoulder. She struck the rear of the other vehicle — a 2003 Chevy pickup — which burst into flames.
All occupants of the pickup got out safely.
Rodriguez was taken into custody by Florida Highway Patrol. She has not yet been processed into the Palm Beach County Jail. We will update with her mugshot once it is available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation