UPDATE: 4:45p – We have just obtained the official arrest report. Read it here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A fiery multi-car crash this morning on the Florida Turnpike near Glades Road was caused by a drunk Nina Marie Rodriguez of Boynton Beach, according to Florida Highway Patrol.
Rodriguez, 34, according to FHP, had a blood alcohol content of .116 and .117 in two tests conducted after the explosion.
Investigators say a vehicle had pulled off onto the shoulder in the area of Glades when Rodriguez — unable to stay in her own lane — drifted onto the shoulder. She struck the rear of the other vehicle — a 2003 Chevy pickup — which burst into flames.
All occupants of the pickup got out safely.
Rodriguez was taken into custody by Florida Highway Patrol. She has not yet been processed into the Palm Beach County Jail. We will update with her mugshot once it is available.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRI-RAIL NIGHTMARE: Did Boca Fire Bungle Response To Death By Train?
- Major Parking Advisory For Miami Dolphins Monday Night Game
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH