UPDATE: The FAA now tells us that the plane landed on a grassy strip between the turnpike and Palmetto Park Road. The plane is a Piper PA-31 and the pilot reported trouble with both engines. The plane was flying from Fort Lauderdale Executive to Pompano Beach Airpark. Authorities have not yet released the name but the tail number — N748NP shows registration is under the name of “Belle Island Management.”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Details are still coming in but the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office confirms that a small plane made an emergency landing in the area of 7900 Palmetto Park Road.
Police tell us that the pilot, a 37 year old man, experienced engine trouble as he was flying to Pompano Beach. He decided to land the plane and did so, safely. Although were told that it was a “soft” landing.
Check back for updates throughout the afternoon. We are awaiting an initial report from the FAA.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Crash Leaves One Man Dead
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System