UPDATE: The FAA now tells us that the plane landed on a grassy strip between the turnpike and Palmetto Park Road. The plane is a Piper PA-31 and the pilot reported trouble with both engines. The plane was flying from Fort Lauderdale Executive to Pompano Beach Airpark. Authorities have not yet released the name but the tail number — N748NP shows registration is under the name of “Belle Island Management.”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Details are still coming in but the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office confirms that a small plane made an emergency landing in the area of 7900 Palmetto Park Road.
Police tell us that the pilot, a 37 year old man, experienced engine trouble as he was flying to Pompano Beach. He decided to land the plane and did so, safely. Although were told that it was a “soft” landing.
Check back for updates throughout the afternoon. We are awaiting an initial report from the FAA.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday