BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (From Palm Beach County Schools) — The School District of Palm Beach County is suspending computer-based Florida Standards Assessment testing on Wednesday, March 4, for students in grades eight, nine and 10 as the Florida Department of Education continues to work with its vendor to correct technical difficulties with the administration of the test.
Tests were suspended in Palm Beach County district-operated and charter schools after problems emerged with the state testing portal on Monday. The decision to extend the suspension through Wednesday was made so as not to frustrate students who may experience technical issues and to protect instructional time as the state works to resolve these challenges on assessments that are high-stakes and, for some students, tied to graduation.
Schools will maintain a normal class schedule until the testing can resume. The School District will provide an update on Thursday’s testing as soon as it is available.
Approximately 10 district-operated and charter schools reported problems with logging into the state’s portal during testing on Monday. Those schools included Glades Central High School, Imagine Charter School, Jeaga Middle School, Leadership Academy West, Olympic Heights High School, Seminole Ridge High School, Somerset Canyons Middle School, South Tech Charter High School, Spanish River High School and West Boca High School.
The state Department of Education gives schools a window during which they can schedule Florida Standards Assessment testing. For a schedule of testing dates in Palm Beach County’s public schools, visit the Parents section of www.palmbeachschools.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation